1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup not doing anything

Discussion in 'Support Center' started by Grindyling, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Grindyling

Grindyling Viceroy-in-Training

United States
    Hi there. I'm trying the game out for the first time, and I downloaded the version whose files are dated Feb. 15, 2015.

Setup.exe just runs but does nothing, staying resident as an unkillable process (or, more specifically, three separate unkillable processes linked to each other), forcing me to reboot the computer to get them out of there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Running Windows 7 64-bit.

2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hmmm. Haven't seen that before. You should be running the OneClick installer, which should install and download any required dependencies. What does the installer file's name?

Steve

3. Grindyling

Grindyling Viceroy-in-Training

United States
    Well, the installer worked after I installed XNA and IE 11 (I had neither, apparently). I didn't run it inbetween, so I'm not sure which one was the thing, but it installed.

(Just in case, it was just the \Imperia V.411a Setup Package\setup.exe file, which I presume is the proper one.)

4. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    It is. Glad it worked. Not sure why the installer didn't pick up on the lack of XNA. Welcome to the community and hope you enjoy the progress of Imperia!

-Steve