1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolution problem, I guess

Discussion in 'Support Center' started by Schizzik, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Schizzik

Schizzik Viceroy-in-Training

Czech Republic
    Hi,

I'm trying to run the game on a laptop in native resolution of 1366x768 and it looks pretty bad. Everything is squished and cramped, numbers and text are often barely readable, some windows are running out of the screen, the green arrow to scroll planetary edicts isn't even working for some reason...

Is this really a resolution issue as I'm assuming, or is there probably some other problem on my side?

2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hi Schizzik,

The game is designed to run at any resolution above 1280x1024. There is a scaling algorithm in place currently to allow this, but that means that text sometimes will look out of place. The arrow issue may be a bug; I'll look at it for .411. But the eventual plan is to have prescaled panels for multiple, preplanned resolutions, but that won't happen at least until we finalize the UI. In the meantime, if it is possible to play at a slightly lower resolution, that may trigger the 'smaller font' instructions and make things look better. The game is designed for a native 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Thanks for joining the community!

Steve

3. Schizzik

Schizzik Viceroy-in-Training

Czech Republic
    Got it, thanks.