1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert Creative Thread Name Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Aleks S. I, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Aleks S. I

Aleks S. I Viceroy-in-Training

Canada
    So I made this account a week or two ago, browsed around for a bit, then promptly forgot to actually introduce myself. So, how does one do this? I'm Aleks (very rarely under the alias of "TheMadLumberjack" because what else would you expect from a Canadian?)and I currently live in western Canada. I've always been a massive fan of strategy games, starting with Stronghold and Tropico (the original versions of both) back when I was 7 or 8. Since then I've played nearly every installment in both of those series, all the Total War games from Rome to Shogun 2, Civilization 3, 4 and 5, Wargame, and many others including almost every 4x I can get my hands on as well as almost everything made/published by Paradox in the last few years. I've also played a number of different tabletop RPGs, mostly ye olde 2e AD&D and Call of Cthulhu, although I've had at least one session of each of the Warhammer RPGs. Sadly with all of my friends presently attending college/university I haven't had a chance to put my recently acquired Pendragon or Burning Wheel books to the test.

Anyhow, I've given the old version of Imperia a few test runs, and am waiting (im)patiently to see what changes have been made with the move to Unity.

2. dirkgently

dirkgently Lord of Statistics
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

United Kingdom
    Hi Aleks, nice to meet you! The move to Unity is really a complete rebuild from the ground up, with many systems refined or redesigned. We're currently hard at work on the .2 alpha build, which will be the first to have actual gameplay rather than just pretty graphics and engine stuff. Would you like to become an alpha tester?
    Oliver

3. Aleks S. I

Canada
    Assuming you guys are in need of testers that would be great. What sort of application process is required for that?

4. PanzerDuck

PanzerDuck Alpha Tester
    Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

Denmark
    hey aleks, welcome to the forum and this awesome little game (well on galactic scale) =)

5. dirkgently

dirkgently Lord of Statistics
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

United Kingdom
    It's an involved, intimidating, multi-stage process in which I ask Steve and he goes 'yeah, sure' and adds you.

6. Aleks S. I

Canada
    Ah, I see. Sounds quite complicated. But hey, it's for a good cause; let's go for it.