1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imperia: iconic units, Imperial Tactical Lander

Discussion in 'Pavlos' Corner (The Art Forum)' started by pavlosg, May 8, 2015.

1. pavlosg

pavlosg Art Director
    Forum Admin

Greece
    Hello friends and future friends,

In this sub-forum I will start a few threads about the design of some of Imperia's iconic units. Every game needs a strong graphical identity, either it is through astute use of typography, logos, or interface design. Another good way is through the use of easily identifiable objects.

I will introduce one of those right away: the Imperial tactical lander.​

[​IMG]

This small ship's role is getting troops and equipment to the ground and provide an increased tactical flexibility. Drop capsules will get your grunts to the ground, but they will be pretty much stranded there. The tactical lander allows for insertions away from the assault zone, as well as some LZ supression capability.

[​IMG]

The lander can fly in any environment or atmosphere and get back to orbit if it is equipped with its dorsal tank. It has a large cargo capacity through the use of a middle modular container, with a large aft baydoor access. The lander at last can do more than defend itself as it may be equipped with guided munitions, lasers and kinetic guns (seen above and below firing), all in protected bays below the nose.

[​IMG]

Of course, the lander has VTOL capability and a very good maneuverability close to the ground. It has been the mainstay of our invading fleet for more than a century and even though it shows signs of aging, no other design can perform or deliver better than this ship does.

P.

2. pavlosg

pavlosg Art Director
    Forum Admin

Greece
    Hey everyone,

I improved the wings of the model, and I am preparing the insides for some cinematic animation. Here's the latest iteration.

[​IMG]

P.

3. nadia911

nadia911 Alpha Tester
    Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

Argentina
    Very Nice!!!