1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by PanzerDuck, Oct 31, 2015.

1. PanzerDuck

PanzerDuck Alpha Tester
    Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

Denmark
    hey guys, i am from Denmark, love strategy games and Imperia reminds me of Imperium from 1990 which i enjoyed very much (http://www.myabandonware.com/game/imperium-wz)

i am starting to be an old fart at 37 years, love strategy and adventure/role-playing games, i also go under the nicks of Evil Overlord and PB-DK here and there, great fan of arsenal of democracy (hearts of iron 2) and i have always had a lot of enjoyment in doing AI even if only on the soft coding side for paradox games

i am also a game master for role playing with friends offline, i love reading a lot with history being one of my favorite subjects along side sci-fi

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    pavlosg likes this.
  2. pavlosg

pavlosg Art Director
    Forum Admin

Greece
    welcome aboard old fart !

...but I feel you should know that farts are like jokes, they never get old !
    We old farts very much like the company of other farts, because it reminds us of the summer breezes of our youth. Plus, it keeps ill winds out of here.

What was the last SF book you enjoyed ? I am trying hard to like a few Stapleton or Hal Clement books, but I cannot get hooked. I re-read the marvelous (to me at least) Man in the maze of Silverberg, and I got a kick out of it again (it did not age too bad).

Welcome to the alien madhouse !

PS: what role-playing game do you play with ? Here in Greece I'd love to start some Lovercraftian stuff, but I cannot find the courage

3. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Awesome PanzerDuck! Sounds like you've got some knowledge to share, and welcome aboard the alpha testing team. Things have been pretty quiet, but we've got a huge new build we're going to be posting in the next day or so, so be ready! You and Oliver should get along well with the AI discussions. Just out of curiosity, how did you hear about this project?

4. PanzerDuck

PanzerDuck Alpha Tester

Denmark
    fart jokes never gets any older indeed :D

i heard about Imperia a year ago i think, it looked pretty sweet back then, i cant remember from where though

last sci-fi i enjoyed is probably "the Falling Machine" by andrew p. mayer, steampunk which is one of my favorite styles, my favorite author is lois mcmaster bujold and her sci-fi series

and i will probably get along with oliver just fine, i love AI :D

i am usually running star wars campaigns under my own rule systems based off west end games d6, have been gm for d&d and warhammer fantasy but it has been a while since i had any interest in those

5. pavlosg

pavlosg Art Director
    Forum Admin

Greece
  6. PanzerDuck

PanzerDuck Alpha Tester

Denmark
    awesome :D i guess i will be your first alpha tester of the steampunk version :D and they look awesome

7. PanzerDuck

PanzerDuck Alpha Tester

Denmark
    finished the first book "on basilisk station" from the honor harington series, quite good and gives a good example of interesting sci-fi space combat

8. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    That's a great book! And a great series! I actually developed a small tactical combat engine in Visual Basic 2010 using the momentum, missile, and distance principles in the series.

-Steve

9. PanzerDuck

PanzerDuck Alpha Tester

Denmark
    yes i have already started on "honor for the Queen" very good series that stick to an einsteinian credible physics level