1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

By popular demand... the living manual project is underway and available!

Discussion in 'News/Events/Upcoming Versions' started by Texashawk, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Obviously, a game as complex as AotSS needs documentation. I know that. We know that. It's just that, as with many small indie studios, someone's got to do the writing. And at a small indie studio, people wear many hats. So I get to wear the 'try to write a manual' hat this time around. Anyway, here's the link to the living manual. It will grow over time (I'm going to finish the Projects chapter tonight and post it) so keep looking!

https://allianceofthesacredsuns.com/living-manual-for-aotss/

Thanks for your continued support!

-Steve

Piteas and ijov like this.
  2. Joe Kundlak

Joe Kundlak Viceroy-in-Training

Slovakia
    I am finishing my read-through today and will send you guys my observations, comments and suggestions,

3. Joe Kundlak

Slovakia
    I update my statement - my comments should arrive tomorrow, currently at around 60% of the write-up. Hopefully you guys can use a Word file with Tracking Changes enabled, to see what I refer to?

4. Piteas

Piteas Viceroy-in-Training

Spain
    IMHO, it´s very clear for newbies.
    Although some images are necessary.

Joe Kundlak likes this.
  5. Joe Kundlak

Slovakia
    Hey folks, attached is a Word 2013 document, where I copied all of the chapters 1-5. I enabled "Track Changes" for you to see my suggestion in the text (just do not choose All Markup, cause you will also see the deletions). I also added some Comments here and there where I felt something could need further explanation etc.

This is all coming from a complete newb to the game, so perhaps some concepts are already explained somewhere. But on the other hand it allows me to spot places which you as devs might take for granted, while new players might be mystified by.

Attached Files:

6. VineFynn

VineFynn Viceroy-in-Training

Australia
    I don't know if you forgot, but apparently Chapter 6 was meant to go up on the 14th?