1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bugs

Discussion in 'AotSS Feedback' started by Samuel Skinner, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:23 AM.

1. Samuel Skinner

Samuel Skinner Viceroy-in-Training

United States
    Major bug
    Selecting the small galaxy size causes the game to bug out; the central constellation doesn't appear while zoomed out nor does the text in the personality matrix.

Oversight
    -Icon_Status_Rival
    -Human_Immobile
    -Personality matrix has WN in all its descriptions
    -No image for new mine

UI error
    -Icons not appearing for council; no 1 doesn't show relationship on main screen (but does if clicked on) while no 4 doesn't show post (and still doesn't when clicked on)
    -house leaders have no friendly/hostile relationship or current conversation; number varies, seen 1 out of 5 and 4 out of 5

Humorous oversight
    The Great House of Enter Name House; you can skip both naming your house and yourself, but have to select your gender even though it comes with a default pick. Also the selection notifier is a blue dot on a blue background.

?
    -Notification of construction at the start of game.
    -Popular figure is the same on all planets in all games

2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Thank you sir! Some of these bugs are known and the messages at start of game is not an oversight - the game ‘runs’ for about a year prior to generate and migrate pops intelligently throughout the quadrant. I do need to fix the rest though. Thanks!!

3. ranseur

ranseur Viceroy-in-Training

Italy
    Do you use a bug tracker so that we can know wich bugs are know? Also while I managed to download the installer yesterday (the file extension was broken, I had to manually ad a ".exe" at the end of it) now my download page is empty and I can't download the installer anymore.

4. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Sorry to hear that sir! I am setting up a bug tracing form. Also, we are working with WordPress to get this download issue resolved. If for some reason your account remains empty, I can PM you a code to restore your purchase!

-Steve

5. Samuel Skinner

United States
    Great House Horlock description:
    "almost certainly refers to Emperor Ensino [Player Dynasty]."

UI issue
    In the project screen, the pop up describing the character is cut off for the leftmost individuals; makes it so you can't see their power.

Gas Giant terrain has missing image and flavor text.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 12:28 PM
  6. ijov

ijov Viceroy-in-Training

Germany
    Bug: Project screen locks up / you can't cancel out of it.

How to reproduce: Drag a character and release him anywhere but on the designated areas (the character disappears).

7. Samuel Skinner

United States
    Text errors in Step 2: Choose your culture
    Technik
    To survive at the top of Technik society, their Houses take the r[]le,
    Gilded Worlds
    The Gilded Worlds exemplify an alternate solution to the problem of how an []lite can maintain its position over the very long term.

Text errors in Great House descriptions; References to History of the Empire have W- connecting words (Political HistoryWGreat Houses)

Not a bug but should be changed
    Sometimes you start of with multiple logistic stations in the Constellation- most annoying when there is a level 3 and level 1 right next to each other. Given they have upkeep expenses, you should start with 1.

Game acts weird if you start with only a single planet.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018 at 12:57 PM
  8. Samuel Skinner

United States
    After attempting multiple times, I can't seem to get the great houses of Farkas, Morf, Schneider or Zmuda to spawn. Anyone else seen them?

The specialty description for Halcyon-Musharraf and Horlock appear to be wrong; both are specialized in high tech, not manufacturing and science respectively.