1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody play Emperor of the fading suns?

Discussion in 'AotSS Feedback' started by Ashbery76, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Ashbery76

Ashbery76 Minor Viceroy

United Kingdom
    It had some cool external threats outside of the human political battle to become Emperor.You had the Vau who were technologically superior aliens that while peaceful could possibly invade human space at any time although it was not programmed into the game due to time.The other on going threat was Symbiot infestation that was actively causing issues form the start of the game.A similar thing could add great spice to Imperia.

Strategiusz likes this.
  2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Oh yes. I loved that game. Loved the imperial ideas that it had, the scepters being a physical manifestation of your power (don't lose them!), the idea of resources forming a chain that could build ever more impressive stuff, the idea of proscripted tech... loved it all. Wish it was easier to run on modern computers, though, and the UI wasn't exactly friendly.

As for the Symbiot infestation... wait until I complete the back story. This will be a HUGE part of Imperia's end game when the game is (much) closer to completion. :)

-Steve

3. Strategiusz

Strategiusz Viceroy-in-Training

Poland
    I doscovered EotFS thanks for this topic and I was playing like crazy a whole day and half night! The game is more interesting and playable even than new 4X in space titles with better graphic resolution . EotFS for space 4X is like Alpha Centauri for civilizationlike games.

4. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    EOTFS is an amazing game. Frankly, I can't believe, in the era of 90's remakes, that someone isn't trying to modernize this.

-Steve