1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About me! - Texashawk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Texashawk, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hey all!

My name is Steve, and I'm the designer and programmer of Imperia. I hail from Houston, and have been playing these sorts of games since literally the mid-80's. My first computer game ever was Empire, and my first true 'space 4x' that I really got into was Stars! (a great game BTW, and you can still find it floating around out there). If it is a space 4X, I've probably played it, no matter how bad, and I'd like to think that I could win most of them. My favorite 4X is a tie between Ascendancy (post patch), Space Empires IV, and a game called Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain. I do enjoy MOO2 like everyone else, but those are just my favorites. I also like almost all Paradox games, and am waiting with bated breath to give still more of my hard-earned money over to them for HOI4 (and the requisite expansions). I am also active with a freeware game called Aurora. If you can play Aurora well, you can honestly play any 4X ever made. If you don't believe me, try it. :) I'm married with 2 cats, and work as a sales manager for a Fortune 500 company when I'm not pounding on the keyboard! I play basketball, and football... fantasy football!!! I can't say that I'm successful at it... but I try!

-Steve